20 June 2013

User Friendly



--and when you're done,
put me back; high up
on the shelf of things you don’t need. of things out of reach. of things not to throwaway though, because there may come another time when you
might need someone strong and reliable to do the heavy lifting
(        give good  references,
 help you  carry items from IKEA to load up in your truck, help you move, pick you up from the airport, write a poem or bake a cake for someone who doesn't seem to like me, take you to the grocery store and what not
)
.then remember where you left me and why you put me there. remember that I exist. retrieve me. take me off the shelf . brush away the dust.
remove any rust.
check to see if the necessary parts are still working.
ask me to do you a favor.
tell me how good a friend I am.
then put me back on the  shelf.
when you're done using me.
high,
high up on the shelf.
high enough that you forget that I exist

until the next time you need me again. 

And one day I will have learned to say no.
that is all.
-alieux george

No comments: